Saturday, September 17, 2005

some pho'os



recent photos of the stencile im my little town
the stencil is actually taken from a dream i had. i dreamt i designed this bunny sign with a computer, and when i woke up i just knew i had to design it. after a long process of trying to recover the exact shape and to actually design it on the freehand (you can see the exact color from the dream in this blog headline) , i decided to spray it in tel aviv and in my little town. i've been thinking to myself that now my dreams and the reality are mixing together.


































the old painting:




















































and the current work...


























































im now in the "definetly don't like it phase". the colors seem all wrong, the head is somewhat weird et cetra...

7 Comments:

Blogger shannon said...

That's awesome work.

11:22 AM  
Anonymous lilly said...

you went to tag again! that's great! does the city you live in have any graffiti in it?

I feel kind of bad for depraving the youth, I hope that if you get aressted I don't get any angry phone calls from you mom...

Those paintings of the old people are wonderful are they new or from that series you worked on in the photography class?

12:15 PM  
Blogger dark-forest said...

thanks shanon! :)

hi lilly - the city almost hasn't got graffities. there are a few but they are old.
anyway - im thinking about my next tag..

heh, im not a youth, i can tie my own shoes now!

well, that painting was a part of a series, but it's the first one of that "cold" series. before that i made three paintings with charcoal and acrylic dealing with India. i painted bearded sikhs. the photos are related only by my fascination from old bearded men.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

WHOAH! You're a painter? Me, too! I actually have an assignment I'm working on today that consists of me and a partner "switching" canvases. At first, we have to paint each other on our own canvas, then we switch places and have to draw each other on the other canvas... it's hard to explain, I know. Hey, I got to use oils for the first time! Great stuff.. might change from acrylics because oils are MUCH easier to work with and you can do more cool shit with them...

10:34 AM  
Blogger dark-forest said...

hi Danielle. That's a cool project. i like the idea!
i for myself prefer always to use acrylics. i don't like the slowness that oil emposes on my. i like to work fast while a certain part is drying. for me oil is harder. and i really hate terpentine.
the oil colors, oil, and terpentine have a horrible smell, but that's just me, there are some people who like getting high on it :)

2:44 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

YOU ARE SO RIGHT! I was just talking to a girl that had a headache from the paint thinner. I was like HAHA! I don't have to use nothin' but water and gloss medium to thin MY shit out. I'm working on an "in the style of" assignment. I'm doing Cezanne, but it's looking more like Monet. I think I need to add more sad colors like puke green and bloody red. UGH....

3:50 PM  
Blogger dark-forest said...

yea you'r right. acrilyc is da shit!
hey - lemme see that impressionist painting :)
i think monet takes cezanne by far.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Chronicles of Vendolusia